On 16 October 2016, more than 1,500 people jogged through the lush, beautiful Perdana Botanical Gardens in the first-ever Royal Bank of Canada Race for the Kids to be held in Kuala Lumpur. Their goal? To raise funds and support Ronald McDonald House Charities Malaysia by taking part in this 5km fun run and the family festival that followed.
Pico was appointed by the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) to set up and manage the event in its entirety. We provided a host of services: creative management, event management, marketing and advertising, venue and race route liaison, organising a post-race festival, F&B and website development services.
We even convinced some of our Pico friends to take part in the fun and participate in the run! The best part was that the event surpassed all targets that had been set. The attendance hit the maximum of 1,500 participants and the fundraising goal of RM 90,000 was bested by over 100 per cent: the event raised RM 200,000 for Ronald McDonald House Charities Malaysia. This sum will enable the charity to build a Ronald McDonald Sensory Room at two centres in the Klang Valley to cater for young people with special needs and learning disabilities. What a spectacular win!
- First ever RBC Race for the Kids held in Kuala Lumpur
- Exceeded all race targets and objectives
- Over 1,500 participants, RM 200,000 raised
- 7 sponsors secured
- 70 pieces of media coverage, including print, online and social)
- 12 media attended the event
- Highest-performing social media campaign for the RBC Race for the Kids anywhere in the world
Click here to find out how to activate your brand.